Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 09, 2010

Another Way I Meditate 


NOTE: ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 3, I PUT UP A POEM (THE VOYEUR) WHICH SOME READERS HAVE HAD DIFFICULTY UNDERSTANDING. AND SO I HAVE ADDED A BRIEF FOOTNOTE, EXPLAINING THE INTENTION OF THE POEM.



Another Way I Meditate

A few days ago I described the way I meditated that morning. Today, I did another kind of meditation--it was quite unexpected--in fact, it simply "came up" even before I was dressed for the day.

It began immediately after I inserted a CD into my computer in order to copy it into my music library. This CD, titled "Songs of Awakening" by Lama Gyurme and Jean-Philippe Rykiel, is quite magical. A friend sent it to me recently, and I find that it is one that readily awakens the inner flows and indeed brings bliss into awareness. I believe the "performers" approach their project with a truly sacred attitude and hence shakti flows through the sound they produce.

When I began listening (I was seated in front of the computer with its built in speakers), I immediately felt "light moving through," especially in the front of my body--I intuitively pressed my hands together and moved them in gentle rotations, and as I did so the "subtle light" flowed in hands, arms, face, and occasionally as far down as the sides.

Today I was seated and listening to music, just the opposite of the practice I described earlier, in which I was standing and moving in silence. I think what is important is not to follow someone else's pattern, but to create your own--lay down your path as you go.

Neither

Neither priest nor teacher.
Neither scholar nor saint.

None will lead you
to where the treasure lies

Until you
listen to the compass
that lies in your heart.

Dorothy Walters
August 9, 2010





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?