Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

A Kundalini Awakening at Machu Picchu 

Marian's Journey

(Marian is a woman near fifty, who has lived in many places and held many positions in her life. When I met her via internet, she was spending the winter on an organic farm in the state of Washington, virtually in isolation and sometimes all but snowbound. She took that opportunity to write up her adventures in Peru. What follows is an excerpt from her manuscript, which she has kindly allowed me to print here.)

When I examined the itinerary of the Peru trip I was interested in, I saw that there would be some ayahuasca ceremonies in the jungle. I'd already read up on this hallucinogenic vine, and my inner voice said, "Go for it. You've matured and are ready to handle it now." Ayahuasca and Machu Picchu became my primary motives for embarking on the voyage to discovery.

(Before their actual ascent of Machu Picchu the shaman leading Marian's group led them in some preliminary ayahuasca ceremonies. He warned them beforehand that they might well encounter their shadow side in this initial encounter with the powerful drug. Marian, to her surprise and his, had an extremely positive experience, feeling as though her body were infused with wondrous and delightful energies, and reveling in her state of newfound self-acceptance. Her fuller awakening occurred as she descended from a climb on the mountain itself.)

When we got down to the main part of Machu Picchu, S went her own way to a place recommended to her by (the shaman), and I went to mine, also recommended by him. I had hoped to find the Tree of Life (a eucalyptus, I'm reasonably certain) with no people by it, but several folks were sitting around it or lounging close by. So I decided to park myself a little ways away, I took my hiking boots and socks off, and let my bare feet enjoy the soft green plaza for awhile.

I found a small hummock that I could lie facedown on without straining my back; reclining there gave me such a lulling feeling, and the grass smelled so fragrant in the sun. A few deep breaths brought profound relaxation and no tears - I guess I didn't have much hucha to unload. Lying there, however, I got an odd perception of being atop something like a large medicine ball; it felt like I had grown tremendously and the Earth had shrunk, and it was very easy to embrace it all.

After ten minutes or so, I got up, feeling very slow, heavy and grounded. There was now a space at the Tree of Life on the western side, I believe, so I sat with my back against the trunk and my hands on two rocks conveniently placed at strategic positions on either side. I followed Oscar's suggestion, with one exception: I chose not to lie with my crown against the trunk because I thought that would look too strange in public. Then I began to use my breath to send energy into the entire Tree from roots to crown and to absorb the Tree's vitality when I inhaled. This Tree had been visited and prayed over by the Dalai Lama and other religious leaders, so I figured it had to have potent energy.

A few times of this, and the weirdest darn thing happened. In broad daylight, with groups of tourists all around me, my root chakra became quickly and strongly activated (kundalini rising!) and I began to moan like Meg Ryan in the restaurant scene of "When Harry Met Sally," only I wasn't faking it. If all those people hadn't been present, I probably would have manually done something about this situation but I managed to control myself. Not long after the disconcerting sensations started, I decided to quit the Tree, put my footwear back on and went up to the Cosmic stone, hoping to move the energy to higher chakras.

I found the site easily (I just looked for the distinctive Three Windows) and I pressed my front against the stone. Because I'd come to it less spiritually elevated this time, it didn't have quite the effect it had had yesterday. But at least it took away some of the sexual urgency. I finished off with a few minutes on the Relaxing stone a few meters away and got a little more grounded.

It was interesting to watch the other tourists, most of them Peruvians this time. They probably hadn't had the metaphysical instruction I'd had, but many of them instinctively knew what to do at the stones. I stood in back of some schoolgirls as they hugged the Cosmic stone, and I felt the same current pass through them and strike me, making me sway backward just like yesterday. Here's another observation: Because I'm sensitive and now know something about these stones' effects, I can surrender to them on a deep level, while most of the regular tourists have no idea of what goes on in the way of energy intakes and shifts. But they are getting their own experiences, though these may be beyond their conscious awareness. Meanwhile we live in our own separate little universes.

I walked around a bit and sat and meditated some, until it was 1:00 and time to rendezvous with the other members down by the cafeteria.

Oscar and S finally got their lunches, and I bought a Sprite and joined them at a table on the periphery. He let me know that I'm one of the first people he's met, during his lengthy career of workshops, therapy and traveling, whom he sees is as weird as he is. I consider this to be a compliment, but I would have to add that this has come about over the years without the aid of mind-altering drugs. I think my own brain manufactures some of those same chemicals, unaided! He also said that I'm very well guided, with clear guidance, and that I follow the advice well. I know these things already, but it's awfully nice to be recognized for them by other people. I told Oscar that I was glad to have come on this trip because I've been able to let my various paranormal abilities be out in the open, and not hidden like I feel they have to be in the mundane "normal" United States. But the older I get, the less willing I am to conceal them. And why should I? The psychically gifted modern human is not a throwback to the witches of medieval days, but a harbinger of the future, and I, Oscar and our group form part of that vanguard.

(My) root chakra was still too active and he lent me a roundish brown stone with an indentation girdling it, to carry in my left hand until the energy moved up to my crown.

I found the temple site, prepared it and myself, and leaned against a large rock by the condor's head. I extended my arms in wing-fashion, and soon felt as if I could indeed soar out and over Machu Picchu. The brown stone did its work after some minutes, and in fact was giving me a headache; I knew enough to put it away in my tote bag. There was still no sign of my group, so I exited through a small opening which looked out over steep terraces, the switchbacks on the road, and the river. I sat down and merged with the panorama for a while.

When the other women, Oscar and Romulo finally showed up, I had composed myself, sensed no more throbbing in the genital region, and I even felt several inches taller, which must mean that my chakras were now balanced and in alignment. We did a short ceremony by the condor's head, some other tourists were invited to join our circle, and once again these "outsiders" were moved by our power. Like I said, we've been affecting lots of people with our chants, presence and concentration.


(After Marian's return home, she continued to have intense and ecstatic energetic experiences--sometimes just by placing the tip of her tongue on the roof of her mouth, the wondrous energies would begin to flow. She is a musician and composer as well as a writer, and her awakening has been the inspiration for many new artistic creations.)

copyright, Marian Abbott
e-mail address: marianabbott.hotmail.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?