Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 31, 2005

Another poem from Jeannine 

Here is another poem from Jeannine Keenan. Jeannine is my oldest "kundalini buddy." We met once years ago, and have kept in contact, mainly through telephone and e-mail, ever since. Jeannine is a gifted artist and poet, one who deserves to be more widely known. She is immensely creative. When a fire took out a few acres of forest near her house, she smahed glass into small pieces to hang as necklaces on the charred remains until the land recovered and new growth appeared.

Wings

I woke from that deep shelter of night
into a wood of my own stillness
near a chasm where I had slept
unknowing. My body's dawning.
Rain in my eyes, I stretch to loose
old scars. Let them be.
Root-foot deep in earth.
At last enough water.

I wake in a spiral nest of vines.
A forest of dendrites dazzles light.
My white bird feeds on empty air, eyes
a dance with fire. A sudden wind shifts
through the translucent canopy of green
wind shadows on fallen leaves.
A white swell of feathers lifts the air.
At last the wisdom and terror of wings.

copyright, Jeannine Keenan

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?