Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Making Life a Prayer 

Lately, a small group of friends and I have been exchanging views (via e-mail) on kundalini and its implications. Here are some reflections from "J" and Elizabeth Reninger, whose poetry I have published several times on this blog.


"I have such a longing to fold myself in prayer, to manifest with my
body worship {what shall I call it} but the need to merge with the
divine, to return to a home I have been too long away from. Last night as I
danced to the chanting in such an uninhibited manner I experienced such a
oneness . . . I disappeared, duality disappeared and it was
wondrous. I have not recovered yet, however the dog seems to feel
he needs a walk and so I am off " J

copyright, 2005


"Yes, i share this longing ... to make of my entire life the sweet
simple un-knowable ecstasy of a prayer ... and find that in certain
venues, in certain langages - poetry, yoga asana, dance - it feels
quite effortless to enter surrender be consumed made love to in this
way ... and in others, not so easy ... so this is part of my
exploration now: how to glide easily between frames of reference, to
inhabit one language and then another, one body and then another ...
in a way which allows that flow, that love, that openness that awe to
be uninterrupted ... to honor/respect schools, traditions, cultures,
tribes, rituals of all sorts, by perceiving them continuously as
transparent to something which joins, not separates ... to celebrate
the play of uniqueness, the dance of lila, while continuously
residing in the bliss which is the mother of all, the core of my/our
Being ... yes

so I don't know, but am hoping to learn ... how to write prose which
has the heart of poetry; how to honor the mind/intellect by having
it fed continuously by the deep belly; how to enjoy the dance of
relationship, the appearance of "other," without falling into a need
for ownership, possession; how simultaneously to "burst at the
seams," to overflow every and all boundaries, and to channel
skillfully my life-force in a way that makes for effective action in
the "worldJ" ...

and am so grateful for this conversation, this matrix of nourishment
support challenge and delight i feel in each moment growing more deep
and vast ..."

copyright, Elizabeth Reninger




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?