Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

Michael Black on Sacred Energy 

I have recently met Michael Black, a shaman,poet, ecologist/energy worker, kundadalini initiate who lives not far from me. He wrote the following beautiful prose poem in response to the question, what is sacred energy?

"I believe that the underlying energy of the universe presents itself to us
in any way that we can perceive it, in realized individuals, in fairies, in
ancient cypress and redwood trees, in mountains, in stones, in oceans and
rivers, in animals, in our own eminence, and last but not least, in the
magnificence of a standing rose.

Our task is to be capable of recognizing, then ecstatically resonating, with
that essence. Opening to that exchange of energy is accomplished in any
number of ways. For instance, among Andean mystics, one opens one's "Cusco"
or spiritual stomach and "tastes" what is there, be it an incoming lightning
cell, the ocean, a tree or a flower. The ensuing vibrational cascade
reminds me that there is no boundary, only Oneness, and in Oneness, we are
each awash in a sea of pulsating, sacred energy.

My life reflects the surface of a pond. Every time my heart beats, all that
I am, all that I feel, is universalic vibrations, energy. These pulsations
emanate inwardly and radiate outwardly. They also emanate outwardly and
radiate inwardly. Macrocosm is microcosm. I am Beloved's Consciousness.
Beloved is my consciousness. I am nothing and I am everything.

For me sacred energy embodies a kind of Consciousness. Its principal axis
are beauty and love, compassion and kindness.

I am drawn to this Consciousness as a manifestation of "Ma, Ma, Ma," or
goddess energy. Ramakrishna certainly thought that it was. Part of me says
"Yes," to such a characterization, and another part of me believes it to be
way, way, way beyond gender. It is simply everything and a trillion
galaxies are but its expression.

I am pure starlight, nothing more, nothing less, that is radiating divine
ripples across the universe. We play together, you and I, whether we know
it or not. We are each of us, after all, old friends trying to navigate our
paths home again. And I am thrilled we are playing together again."

copyright, Michael Black




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?