Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Patricia Goes to Washington 

My dear friend Patricia (I have written about her before) set off yesterday in her van for Washington to take part in the anti-inauguration demonstration there. As I have mentioned, Patricia has a physical "disability" but she is the most abled person I know. Her van is outfitted with hand controls and she carries her scooter with her to ride when she arrives. She is driving through from Michigan in one day (with or without companions). Today she will join the thousands of others who joined to make clear that this adminstration does not speak for them and the policies currently in effect are not of their choosing.

I sometimes think that much of our country is in a trance state, unable to see clearly what is going on around us. There is stirring rhetoric in abundance, but a vast disconnect between what is said and what is being done.

Like Patricia, I deplore what is happening. For me, she is an unfailing inspiration, one who stands up for principle no matter how difficult the circumstances. Thank you, Patricia, for once again demonstrating your courage and commitment,and thanks to all who have taken the trouble to show the world that not all of us have lost our way.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?