Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Panther in the Soul 

The Panther in the Soul

Aloof as a planet, pelted in iridescent orange,
you strode across my dream
in brilliant unconcern--
that radiant hue
against its field of gray
told me you were not of this world,
that you had somehow strayed into ours,
that I was lucky to get this furtive glimpse
of the profoundly Other.

Were you indeed my spirit guide,
gleaming totem beast finally come round
to let me see your ancient face,
lead me onward
after all these years?

Or were you merely out
on an astral stroll
from your mythic lair
and happened by chance
to pass my way?

I must practice walking
with greater intent,
move with more supple majesty,
summon a stronger sense of who I am.


Dorothy Walters, March 1, 2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?