Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Miracle of Scents 


I am sorry to be absent for so long. I have been traveling in southern California, and have had some marvelous experiences. As a matter of fact, I have decided to move there, in an area north of San Diego, where I have some warm and welcoming friends, who are eager for me to join them in a lively spiritual community. I am looking at the coastal towns such as Encinitas (which has been called a spiritual vortex which attracts many seekers and practitioners of various kinds) and others in that locale.

My life now is undergoing major transformation, and I seem to be showered with blessings as I move forward with this transition. It is good in all ways. This is clearly a special time for me, and I feel as though I am being led forward by loving inner guidance to make this move. And, by the way, the climate in the region is said to be one of the best in the world, second only to the Canary Islands. It has a very good feel to it.

While I was there last weekend, I had this amazing experience. I have heard of others who have had a similar experience, but I had known it only once or twice before, and then for a brief interval.
Here is what happened:

I went to Encinitas (north of San Diego) last weekend to take a preliminary look around. While I was there, I visited the meditation garden for the Yogananda ashram, which (the garden) is located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. While I was there, I smelled wondrous aromas and scents. I thought, oh, how beautiful the scent of these flowers and plants. Then we went down a few blocks to the ashram gift shop. Once again, when I went out, I smelled these wondrous odors. Oh, I thought, the wind must be bringing the smell of the flowers here as well. Then we went downtown. When I got out of the car, there was the scent again--it seemed to be a mixture of perfume, flowers, and maybe a tad of something good to eat. Well, I thought, this lovely odor pervades the entire town of Encinitas. Then, when I landed in S. F. coming home, I took the shuttle into town. I was the only passenger. The windows were slightly down. Again, I smelled that mesmerizing scent. And when I got home, I gave my housemate a hug, and she said, "Wow, what do you have on? It smells fabulous."

I do not know exactly what causes this, but sensing wonderous odors is one of the classic signs of kundalini awakening. It is but one of the many blessings I have experienced recently as I prepare for major life change. I feel profound gratitude for this gift.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?