Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Contemporary Mystic Speaks 

Note: Since I am preparing to move, I will probably not be posting for a few days. I'll be back when I am established in my new home!

A request for prayers and sustaining thoughts: My good friend Patricia Lay-Dorsey is currently facing what may be a very challenging health problem. She is currently undergoing tests for further diagnosis. Please hold her in your heart and thoughts. She is the founder of this blog, and one of my most precious friends. She is the person I consider to be most enlightened through her personal dedication to human kind and her unending compassionate service. Read her blog for more.

Update 3/14: Patricia offers gratitude to all who held her in healing energy. Thanks to her getting a second opinion, she has now been pronounced fit as a fiddle!



Yesterday, I posted Hallaj who wrote of mystical exaltation. Here is something from a contemporary mystic, who happens to be a good friend of mine. She is describing in intimate terms her own ongoing experience of awakening through the force of kundalini activation.

She is highly articulate, indeed, a gifted poet (as well as artist). But she is, in her own words, "computer challenged." I have left her account as she wrote it, typos and all, to preserve the informal tone of her description.

I have
been pondering the questions you have set forth in your last letter.
Have gone back to several books to see what has been said and have
returned atlast to my own experience. Now I am here again at the
maddening magic machine faced with using words which I must say are
becoming more elusive as the years pass and now are slipping into
oblivium faster than I dare admit even to myself. When I think about
the'" Silence within the silence knowing" I believe it has always been
with me.. a kind of knowing of that Something from which I came and
would return to. Certainly since the big K
the intensity of longing and truly an obsession with that essence has
been greatly enhanced. However though I feel the Presence so
profoundly, the longing so intensely I have no more definition of how
that might be manifested. The energy that enter my body through the
soles of my feet on Dec 19, 1991 moves me to speculate that indeed that
Something might be Loving Energy. I feel it night and day running
through my body since that day, sometimes slowing almost to a stop and
other times wildly running until I cannot sit still or think but only
feeling the wonder of it. Then of course there is my favorite when for
as yet unexplained reasons it hits a balance of vibration and I am
transported with unbelievable physical, psyhic,emotional and everyother
kind of pleasure and joy I can think of. My eyes see beyond the veil of
maya, my nose experiences as yet undefined fragrances, my mind rests in
the peace that passes all understanding. I know myself as a part of a
great whole, all conflict collapses into oneness.

Guess what ... I prefer this state above all others that I have ever
experienced. How could I not. If given the choice I don't know if I
would decide to miss all the others...conflict pain, loving one person
above all others the surprise and bliss of an individual sunflower, the
weeping of grieve and joy, the grass between my toes, the delight of
hearing D's voice on the phone last night after too long not
hearing and worrying if she was managing, seeing my daughter
get off the plane tomorrow morning after over a year even wondering if
she will feel distress at how much R. and I have aged this year (trying
to do energy work on my face today so it won't be too much of a shock.
In short the loveliness and conflict of the human journey through life.
I can not envision what it would be like to be in neutral. I have not
spent much of my life in that state unless it was out of exhaustion. Am
I awakened, I do not know, probably a little more than I was earlier.
Do I know anyone that is. I don,t think so. I stand with Wendall Berry
in awe "I bow to mystery and take my place among the trees and the
grass. Have I had a kundalini awakening? I say unequivably YES. I
don,t know any other of these things called words to use for this
most profound experience.. perhaps if I could use my body to express in
dance.. to fold myself in prayer,
To double over in gratitude, to slither along the floor in
adoration, to weep tears of longing, to spoon with my husband of 47
years, feel his energy running along my back..see how now I can see the
tiny lights that are his back.. the disappearing outline of my own arm
Merging with his... I just can't make very much sense with words. Love
to all J.(for right now)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?