Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Once Again, Tibet 

Yesterday, I did attend the three part documentary on Tibet. It offered a convincing picture of what life in the monasteries truly is. It was quite revelatory, and for me, part of the revelation was that I had no interest in nor patience for the detailed, laborious preparations the monks undertake for major ceremonies. I watched with detached interest, until they began chanting in a most poetic way (the translation, that is, was quite poetic). It was, as so often, the language which captured my attention. And the recitation from the Book of the Dead was also exquisite. It is a film well worth seeing, if Tibet calls to you.

Today, I again played a section from my CD of Tibetan ceremonial chants, and once more I went into instant rapture. This time the energetic flow was not as "intense" as before, but it was, in its way, as sublime in its delicate play throughout the channels of the body. As with yesterday, my head was first to open in soft delight. Then various other parts of the subtle body were included as I continued, doing little but moving my hands and arms slightly. Sometimes I gasped in wonder as the little thrills of energy played over and through the nadis (channels of energy).

At one point, I remembered an earlier visionary state (some years ago) in which I was told that in the final days of days global transformation, we would each be required to stand with arms upraised, like Moses outside the promised land, in order to bring in the extremely refined vibrations of the major earth transfiguration. As I did this today, I realized that it would be quite difficult for me to hold this pose for very long, but I was told that would be all right, since one could rest from time to time as others held the energy field. As exquisite sharp energetic bursts entered my palms, it occurred to me that the story of the Christ on the cross could be an allegory, in which shafts of sacred light pierced his palms during the crucifixion. This would indeed be a sign of divine intervention, a merger of divine and human, the human infused with holy energies. And the stigmata which are widely reported around the world could be evidence of the same numinous "marking by light," the blood being merely a by product of the sacred penetration of the material human body.

The vibrations awakened in my morning experience were so exquisitely high, so delicately sensuous that I could only receive them for 10 minutes or so. After all, we are all merely human, even though at times we seem to be participating in a process of divinizing matter.

And, lest there be any concern that such episodes may result in egoic inflation, they are generally followed by events which quickly pull us back to earth. I had to rush out into the rain and murk, to stand waiting for soggy intervals for various buses, to wade rivulets pouring down sidewalks--all this to keep my appointment at H & R Block to do my income tax. I had put it off as long as I dared, but it was an abrupt transition from the sublime to the mundane. As Wordsworth said, "The world is too much with us."

(Note: the reason I am posting such intimate experiences is that such occurrences seem to happen less and less frequently now that I am some twenty-five years into my process of awakening. I think it is important to note the energetic shifts which may accompany such later manifestations, long after the initial drama has subsided.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?