Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Poems Inspired by Poetry 


Today, when I played my Tibetan chanting CD, nothing really happened. This time, I felt no inner energies flowing, nor did I experience mental images.

So I put on a different CD, a lovely disc put out by Deepak Chopra entitled "Gift of Love." On this recording, various readers offer poems based on the verse of Rumi, all dedicated to the Inner Beloved of mystical transcendence. And--I too became inspired to write a bit of poetry:



If Nothing Else

If nothing else

I have these words.


They come to me

like lovers

approaching.


My prison

is broken open.


Again, I am embraced,

dissolved into

these syllables of light.



Once More


Once more, I am at the doorway

kneeling,

a beggar pleading

to be seen.


Will you give me

some token?

A sign you know

I am here?


Perhaps a fallen petal,

a trailing scent of early blooms,

a soft wind

playing over my cheek?

I want to drown

in this well.


copyright, Dorothy Walters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?