Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Two Love Poems for (from) God 

One of the recurring challenges of the mystic deeply in love with the Divine is how to express that relationship in language. The experience itself often mirrors human love in its intensity and totally sensuous nature. As I have remarked before, the Lover Within is a reality, an actual feeling or sense of presence, not a mere metaphor.

Yesterday I received this marvelous poem from my new friend in England, Eric Ashford. And I was inspired to write a response to it, a love poem (to the Divine) of my own.

Here is Eric's poem, followed by mine:

speak your thundering mind into my heart


Tell me

how you want me?

Should I lay down or stand?

Will I be in Your way

or Your door to open?

You may walk over me

but please do that

with Your lips and hands.

Show me

what position to assume.

What shadows to cast

into silhouettes of You?

This love affair just got serious

but I can smile as You use me.

Will I be the lion or the lamb?

My legs girders of passion

or stems for Your flowers?

Tell me

how to adopt a position

how to please You.

I cannot do this on my own.

This ravishing

must be a shared surrender.

I promise to die for You

just give me Your Soul to lay down in.

Show me.

Speak Your thundering Mind into my heart.


copyright, Eric Ashford
Derbyshire, England
May 28, 2006




Carving Me into Constant Love

Do you know how many times
I have opened my body to Yours,
how often I have become
whatever it is You are.

I never know just when
You will arrive,
how You are going to look
that day.

Sometimes You are Shiva,
tendrils flaming
in Your restless hair,
gaze turned within
as if You didn't notice what You did,
ever dancing to keep the world alive.

Again, that Buddha
who lives in my front room,
vessel of compassion,
container of sensuous joy,
how effortlessly You enter the secret places,
my head, my throat or wrists.

Yesterday, You were
just an image
on a temple wall,
some long vanished
guru with his special powers
and inviting smile,
no one I had ever heard of
before.


Dorothy Walters
May 28, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?