Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

An Early Awakening 

Here is an account of kundalini awakening which occurred to the writer at the age of 12. This is the earliest I have heard of, though my friend at the ashram (resident guru) told me such things often have happened in India. Children there sometimes simply "go into the forest" when such experiences occur.

As yet, I am not sure how this experience affected her later life, but hope to learn more later. Most of the experiences I have heard of occurred to women around fifty, the age when Jung says real individuation begins. It would be interesting to know more about this whole matter of age of awakening, but I don't know of any studies.

Yes, I too had a kundalini experience in my 12th year. I was sitting in
a junior high school gym at what we called an assembly. I felt a pop in
the base of my spine, and then an uprushing of energy. I lost
consciousness of this world and experienced a deeply blissful state. Apparently
no one noticed anything, because when I came to, people were filing out
of the gym as normal. I gradually 'came down' over the following week,
but the experience has colored the remainder of my life. Especially my
teenage years were affected by it. I never dated in those years, kept
to myself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?