Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 14, 2006

Four Love Poems to the Invisible 

Four Love Poems to the Invisible

You’re taking me
there again.

I am muttering:
Where have you been?

But already
it’s too late.

We’ve already
arrived at our old
trysting place.

I am already fainting
from the perfume of the flowers
in your mouth.

************************************

I know,
don’t tell me.

I’ve fallen in love
with a sound,
a Tibetan growl.
And some strange instrument
I can’t name.

You know what this stuff
does to me.

That deep throated
love note,
that unplumbed pitch
that tears at
your bones.

No more talking now.
Just listen.

****************************

Every time
I turn my back on you
you appear
on the other side.

This morning,
I found you
lying beside me
In bed.

Next you were
looking back
at me
from my mirror.

Now you are
a blooming bush,
a torched blossom,
a feather
drifting by.

******************************

Once more,
I’ve been
taken.

But I’m
not complaining.

I don’t care
if you leap
from a plane
or jump
from your horse
and tackle me
on the Mongolian steppes,
or come by
strumming a guitar
and scattering rose petals.

Anything will do.
Just don’t leave.

Dorothy Walters
July 14, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?