Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pacing 

Sometimes it is important (on the spiritual journey) to take some time out--just to "breathe." One does not have to experience profound transcendence, or enter a realm of infinitely high vibrations every single day.

I myself don't like to push too hard. Frankly, I find that entering these unusual states of consciousness, and experiencing these notably "higher vibrations," can be a bit tiring.

So today, I didn't try for novel experience. (I did my usual hour in bed of reiki and mantra meditation and eye acupressure and eye exercises and such, however, even before I got up.) But this afternoon I went over to Golden Gate Park, and "smelled the daisies."

The area known as the "arboretum" does contain trees, but it also boasts many, many sections of flowers. The latter are not arranged in neat rectangular beds, but are allowed to flourish in a more natural way, resembling the way plants grow in nature.

So I went there and I simply rambled. I was hungry for trees, for green, for a bit of color. The ocean is vast and wonderful, but there are no trees on beaches, and trees have a special offering to us all, I think. Once or twice I seemed to feel a bit of energy coming from some plant or other, but I seem to be better at sensing the vibrations of books or made objects than growing things just now. But I realized that what I truly hungered for was a visual experience of things in the outer world, and a feeling of oneness with that natural beauty. I did feel the great hush and majesty within the small grove of redwoods which grow there. And I did pick up some sweet energy from a few of the green and growing things I encountered.

I got off the main paths, and followed the winding trails which wander through the area, and succeeded in getting lost more than once. (It's amazing how one can get lost in such a relatively small area). I had a great time.

Afterward, I stopped at my favorite restaurant and ate a fine dinner of fish, polenta, and salad.

I came home happy and refreshed, just as the fog was coming in, bringing with it air a bit too cool for my light jacket.

That was my adventure for today.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?