Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Healing Sound 

I met Janet Ryan at a workshop recently. On Thursday, she drove over to my apartment, and brought her incredible instruments--her Tibetan bowls and bells along with her inner wisdom and outer voice. Together we explored the magic of sound, the wondrous vibrations which opened our bodies to the flow of divine love.

We also did toning, something I had known about for years but never really practiced. Toning involves simply releasing inner feelings as sound--any sound, good or bad, soft or loud, sweet or raucous. It gives expression (finally) to what has been repressed and suppressed within, often for years. You simply "let it all out," and then experience relief and gratitude as the body relaxes into joy.

For me, one of the most important results was that I felt the incredible tension I generally carry around my eyes release in a totally unexpected way. Even this morning, when I woke, I did not have the usual tension between my eyes. Now, that is not to say that I actually was seeing better, but at least, for the time, I was free of strain.

There is always more to learn. There are always new paths to explore. The body and mind are indeed connected, as all of us know mentally, but which we have to be reminded of again and again, in various ways, in order to keep in touch with who we truly are.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?