Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Oracle at Delphi (poem) 

The Oracle at Delphi

I don’t know what to do
but to say what I must say,
to know what I know.

The earth here
is unsteady,
trembling as if to warn.

I have gone through
many disasters,
seen the empires
rise and fall.

The celebrated ones come
from afar with tribute,
eager to learn
their fate,
who will be victorious,
who will not survive.

That was before
everything
shifted,
remnants could be salvaged
from the ruins.

What should I tell them
now?
Are they prepared to hear?

Already there is
echoing in the earth,
the seas are swaying,

Who is ready
to listen,
brave enough to attend
to my fading windblown words. . . .

Dorothy Walters
February 7, 2007

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?