Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 08, 2008

Medusa, poem by Ivan Granger 


(image from www.poetry-chaikhana.com)


Medusa
Ivan M. Granger

Medusa says -

I was wisdom
once,
black as night.

Now they call me:
monster,
gorgon,
hideous-faced.

So I hide
behind this hissing curtain
of hair.

Lost
little ones,
breathe easy;
you are free
to not see.

But
what is a lonely
old lady to do?

I still wait
for some daughter,
some son,
so wounded by the world,
to seize these snakes
and part my locks wide.

I still wait
for some bold, tired
wild child of mine,
determined to die
seeing what's reflected
in my unblinking eye.

copyright Ivan Granger)

(Ivan Granger created and administers www.poetry-chaikhana.com ,the valuable site for sacred poetry of all ages.)



============

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?