Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Chakra Opens 


(Image from Wikipedia)











After kundalini awakens, the body often becomes incredibly sensitized to both pleasure and pain, as if one were responding to stimuli at the cellular level. Although these sensations are generally fascinating to the subject, others may find them of little interest--we focus on our own responses, not descriptions of what others are feeling.




Today I experienced an event which was of great interest to me, though possibly not to others. Although I have--through the years--felt the flow of bliss energies in virtually every part of the body, I have almost never felt anything in the solar plexus. Indeed, this has been a problem area in many ways. I suffered for years with chronic, acute indigestion. I tried various remedies--supplements, herbs, massage, diet, and such--and each helped a bit, but I was never totally cured of my affliction. When I discovered I had a hiatal hernia (aesophigeal hernia), I was able to find ways to alleviate my condition somewhat, but always the ">




As a result I have not been able to do certain breathing exerecise and certain yogic postures. Anything--such as carrying too heavy a load or eating the wrong thing--was apt to trigger my problem.






But--in the last two years I have grown increasingly stronger in this area. I find that I can venture out and eat certain foods previously off limits. My indigestion attacks have all but disappeared. I am feeling stronger and healthier than I have in a very long time.






And then, this morning, during my practice, I had an experience which filled me with gratitude and joy. I literally felt the energies move through my solar plexus, something I had seldom experienced previously. I did a bit of special breathing, and each breath brought little "whiffs" of pleasure. For me, it was a breakthrough moment.






My "practice" these days is simple. I listen to music through headphones and "follow the energies" through micromovements. Each slight shift of posture or bodily position awakens the inner flow, which is now incredibly soft and sweet--I compare the feeling to gentle rain falling on rose petals. Though infinitely diminished from the beginnings (now over 25 years ago), energies still move within in a delightful way. Anyone who is interested in how kundalini evolves over time into the later years should find this encouraging. It is as if the kundalini presence grows and shifts over time, ever finding new ways to open the energy body and create a sense of union with the sacred.






And--the music I was listening to was "The Lost Chord" of Jonathan Goldman. He is a student




of acoustics whose approach intensifies the vibrational impact of various frequencies. I recently bought a small and inexpensive portable CD player with headphones and--though it is not the "top of the line"--it offers an incredible experience when one listens. This particular CD is quite soft but others of Goldman's pieces (such as "Trance Tara") are extremely dynamic






As always, I am surprised and delighted to discover that "it" is still there.









This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?