Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Poems by Ivan Granger 


(picture from source)

As many of us know, Ivan Granger has created and now maintains the poetry chaikhana site (see sidebar for link). Ivan is a poet as well, and here are some of his verses, which give us a great deal to ponder in terms of the spiritual journey.

Today happens to be Ivan's birthday, so may all of us send him love and blessings on this special day, as well as gratitude for his ongoing gifts to the world.

Adi Atman 1, Dipped in Black

Adi Atman,

your brush is dipped
in black
black hairs drinking black
black hairs rolled
against gray stone
black hairs rolled
to a fine black tip

white
beneath your black
brush --
I wait

I wait
your first mark
-- quick and rough

will I know myself
after?

2004

Adi Atman 9: you you

Adi Atman,

I am a fool

I place a picture
before me
and say
-- you you

hosanna hari hari bol!

daybreak and I whisper
to the sun
-- you

full moon night
and I cry out
-- you

summer downpour
the thunder crash
shouts for me
-- YOU

drowning
drunk from too much
seawater
I sputter
-- you you you

shambo shankara!

I am a grasping fool
I say -- you --

and you are gone

when I remember to shut up
then you are here

and I am gone

2004

Adi Atman 10: full moon

Adi Atman,

the full moon has lit up
the countryside
showing me
every slope and shallow

yet I cannot see
my hand
in front of my face

2004

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?