Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 14, 2008

Two Poems for the Beloved 



The "I" is an illusion. . . .
God alone is real.
Rumi

While I Sleep

Whatever is wondrous
falls from your lips
like petals.

Whatever is beautiful
hangs from the threads of light
you hold in your hands.

When you kiss me alive
I know the feeling
of your face on mine.

When night comes,
you are still there,
watching me as I sleep.

Dorothy Walters
April 14, 2008

The Return

Something is giving way
inside my chest
after so long.

My wrists are beginning to move
in a certain way,
eyes closing,
head thrown back.

This is a moment
both new and familiar,
not predictable and yet certain
of its course.

It enters
and I follow like a blind
dancer
swaying only slightly,
blood rhythms become
a silent drum.

Lost child
tapping at the window,
runaway come home again.

Dorothy Walters
April 14, 2008






















This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?