Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Two Poems for Rumi 



Rumi’s Poems

Anyone
who loves these verses
has a soul
that is awake.

Suddenly, she can see
the invisible birds
that are flitting like small colored lights
among the blossoms
in the hidden garden,
and even knows their names.

Hues deepen,
branches sway inside her body.

Sounds that float
like scent in the air
carry her into
that place
where the flute trembles with joy
and the oboe gives off
small cries of rapture.

Dorothy Walters
April 15, 2008




Sometimes Our Souls: For Rumi

Yes, I know.
Somewhere our souls
are dancing together,
you the master dervish,
me the stumbling partner.

Your poems are swirling
all around us,
each syllable
a touch
from invisible hands.

Will you kiss me
when I leave
as you did
that other time?

For now, let me
breathe your breath,
feel your pulse rise in my chest,
turn again in your arms.

Dorothy Walters
April 15, 2008



(Picture from http://whirlingdervishes.org)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?