Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Dakini 


"In the spiritual journey of the meditator, . . . the dakini symbolizes levels of personal realization: the sacredness of the body, both female and male; the profound meeting point of body and mind in meditation; the visionary realm of ritual practice; and the empty, spacious qualities of mind itself." (Judith Simmer-Brown)
The Dakini

I was chosen
for this journey.

I did not know
where it would lead,
who would show the way.

Was it Dionysus, that
ancient reveler,
with his wines
and rowdy celebrations?

Was it Krishna
that pretty boy
with his flute
and maidens
who answered each day
to his summons of love?

The goddess herself,
holy mistress
offering her breasts?

I never saw it,
never found its name.

Finally I forgot my questions,
lost myself in no-space.

Each time it came
I was waiting.

Dorothy Walters
June 28, 2008

(Dakini Descending is a pastiche derived from an 18th century gilt bronze image [rupa] and Crepuscular Rays, an astronomy photo by H. Orlind. Image found on http://www.khandro.net/)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?