Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Way to Appreciate Art 




What do you do when you stand in front of a painting ("Woman in White" by Marie Bracquemond) and feel its energies coming forth? This happened to me (again) today at the current exhibit of women impressionists at a San Francisco museum. And then I noticed that the energies seemed, in fact, to be running up my spine and across my shoulders, so I turned around and then slowly turned my body before the painting. And with each slight turn, the energies streamed up to a new place on my shoulders.
It occurred to me that the other viewers might think it odd for me to stand with my back turned to the painting, but then I realized that I was holding a little audio guide in my hand and thought, "Oh, well, they will just assume that I am listening to the guide." Meanwhile the sweet energies flowed.

Finally I moved to other pictures. Sometimes the energies awakened again, sometimes not. Certainly this somatic awareness offered a new way to appreciate painting, or so I thought.

When I described my experience later to my friend J.(the artist/poet/kundalini awakened one) she was not surprised and said that yes, she had felt the energies of art this way for many, many years. And then, on another subject, she told me that once on an airplane, she kept noticing energies being beamed in her direction from behind and up. When she looked around, she saw nothing unusual. Finally, she asked her husband where he had placed their carry on case, and he answered that it was in the rack above the seat behind theirs. In that case was her stuffed animal, one she carries with her on all travels, and a "being" she feels extremely close to. She has in fact felt and seen its own energies more than once. Apparently it too feels a strong connection.

And then she casually mentioned feeling a shock in her big toe recently, assuming that I too had also had such experiences. But I had to confess that, although this was fascinating, I was innocent of such encounters. Once again, J. surprised me with the rich variety of her kundalini experiences. She is one of the most "turned on" people I know, and we love to visit, for we can speak freely of these most secret and personal adventures, and we all need someone to hear our latest story.

Everyone on this journey follows a different and distinctive path. Everyone has a unique set of experiences. But they all come under the umbrella of "kundalini awakening," and the voyage is always fascinating, whatever its expression.
(Picture from WebMuseum, Paris)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?