Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Synchronicity 




Synchronicity: the coincidental occurence of events that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality.

This morning, before I got up, I was thinking about some things of recent interest. I reflected on how I tended to write only about ecstatic experience, and ignore the pain (the agony and the ecstasy). I thought that I should mention some of my perpetual ailments and obstacles, such as diminishing eyesight, chronic shoulder pain, none too happy knees, and something happening to almost everything in between, so that people would realize that my life contained its share of challenges, as well as "bliss-outs." But, of course, I am in basically good health, and so truly have little reason to complain.

Then I thought of certain things missing in my life, adventures I would like to pursue, such as the longed for return trip to Greece that will likely not come about in this lifetime, excursions to nearby beaches and fascinating towns for which one needs a car or a compatible friend who drives in order to visit. And I remarked to myself that I hadn't seen the sun for days.

When I opened my computer, I found this excerpt from Annie Dillard, forwarded to me by Naga Moon Rai, a dear e-mail friend of mine who lives a rich and fascinating life elsewhere as an artist/photographer/poet.

There are many things to see, unwrapped gifts and free surprises. The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside by a generous hand. But- and this is the point- who gets excited by a mere penny? If you follow one arrow, if you crouch motionless on a bank to watch a tremulous ripple thrill on the water and are rewarded by the sight of a muskrat paddling from its den, will you count that sight a chip of copper only, and go on your rueful way" It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted in pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get.

Annie Dillard
from "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek."

A short time later, I went downstairs to do laundry in my apartment house basement. There, on the clothes washer, placed so that it could not be missed, was a bright, shining penny.

The message? Accept with gratitude the gifts that are given.

And--when I went back upstairs, I saw that the sun had come out--it was going to be a glorious day. I headed for the park.



(The lovely mandala above was painted by Veronika W. from Australia. Its title is "Divine Doorway." This clearly feminine image may be viewed as the source of feminine energy, the divine doorway of the goddess Kundalini. Check out her website at


http://www.trueimage.name/?Welcome_to_The_Healing_Circle_of_Light )

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?