Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Detour (poem by Ruth Feldman) 


Detour


I took a long time getting here,

much of it wasted on wrong turns,

back roads riddled by ruts.

I had adventures

I never would have known

if I proceeded as the crow flies.

Super highways are so sure

of where they are going:

they arrive too soon.

A straight line isn't always
the shortest distance

between two people.

Sometimes I act as though

I'm heading somewhere else

while, imperceptibly,

I narrow the gap between you and me.

I'm not sure I'll ever

know the right way,

but I don't mind

getting lost now and then.

Maps don't know everything.

~ Ruth Feldman ~



(The Ambitions of Ghosts)
(Image from source)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?