Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poem by Vidyapati 





My friend, I cannot answer when you ask me to explain

what has befallen me.

Love is transformed, renewed,each moment.

He has dwelt in my eyes all the days of my life,

yet I am not sated with seeing.

My ears have heard his sweet voice in eternity,

and yet it is always new to them.

How many honeyed nights have I passed with him

in love's bliss, yet my body

wonders at his.

Through all the ages

he has been clasped to my breast,

yet my desire

never abates.

I have seen subtle people sunk in passion

but none came so close to the heart of the fire.

Who shall be found to cool your heart,

says Vidyapati.


Vidyapati ( 1340? - 1430, India )

(from In Praise of Krishna: Songs from the Bengali

Translated by Edward C. Dimock, Jr. and Denise Levertov)
The above poem is from the ancient bhakti tradition, which focuses on the practice of devotion, lover (the human devotee) and beloved (the Divine essence within.)
"Photo by solidariat)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?