Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 04, 2009

When Pleasure Turns into Pain 


Although Kundalini blesses us with much ecstatic experience, there are also many "downs," even painful experiences throughout the journey. Each time we enter the "valley of pain," rather than the "vale of bliss," we try desperately to discover what has gone wrong, so that we may avoid these "downers" in future.

Yesterday was such a day for me. A delightful young man came to my house to do a "sound infusion" complete with gong and crystal bowls. I had heard both of these (briefly) before, and knew that I loved the sound of Tibetan bowls (made of metal), so I was anticipating a truly ecstatic experience, enraptured by pure sound.

Alas, this did not happen. First this most dedicated and most spiritual healer sounded a massive gong, again and again, so that my head grew weary, and indeed I began to feel throbs of pain throughout my body. After about half an hour, he switched to the crystal bowls, together making up some 15 different notes on the scale. Relief, I thought.

But this was not to be. As the infusion continued, my pain grew more intense, until at last I was longing for the end of the experience.

For a finale, he played a lovely melody on a Native American flute, and this music was indeed beautiful

For some reason, my energy body had tightened and indeed had shrunk away from such a massive "invasion" of loud tones. I wondered what it meant. After the session was over, my body began to relax, and an hour or so later--after taking some aspirin and allergy pills-- most of the pain had disappeared. I concluded that the intensity had simply been too much for me, threatening to overpower my energy body--I am now keyed to much "higher," more delicate, more subtle vibrations of the energy spectrum--these too are immensely rapturous, as I have often noted--harps rather than tubas.

Today I woke up feeling truly centered and indeed filled with a sense of health and well being. I went in to my little practice area (before my Buddha thongka), bowed, and immediately felt pleasurable energy flow--perhaps more like chi than pure Kundalini, but extremely refreshing and truly delightful.

But--in a few hours, I once again felt the painful "prickly" sensations of the day before. My eyes ached with a feeling of immense pressure. Once more I hurt all over.

Then I realized that I had had such symptoms many times before.--eye pressure is a common sigh of blocked Kundalini energies and allergies also cause such sensations. I took some natural allergy pills plus some very effective homeopathic remedies. I also took a couple of small aspirins.

Within about 45 minutes my symptoms had essentially cleared. The remedies had worked.

But--this was also what had happened yesterday--pain in early afternoon, then relief and release as the day wore on.

I remembered that I have long had an acute sensitivity to changes of atmospheric pressure. And I live in an area next to the ocean where the fog constantly shifts back and forth, in and out over the shore and land.

So--I now feel it was not merely the sound of the instruments that brought me such pain yesterday. I think it was a combination of several factors, and a similar session at a different time might have produced quite different results.

In any event, it was a pleasure to meet such a radiant young man, full of love and spirit--I felt grateful for this overall experience, from which I learned much.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?