Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Stars Singing (poem) 


Stars Singing

Certain ancient tribes insist
that if you listen carefully,
you can hear the stars
singing at night.

I wonder what music
they hear?
Is it Mozart,
Brahms,
a little bit of Beethoven
thrown in for good measure?

But of course,
that is nonsense.
Their music comes from
elsewhere,
the vast reaches
whose music
is unimaginable
unless you have stood there,
become very still,
and heard it
not so much
as melody,
as the first tone,
the unstruck sound
as when Helen
sang to me
that time,
the god-note filling the room
not coming from any
particular place,
but enveloping everything
in its reach,
stopping my heartbeat
as I forgot who I was
and fell into its deep well.

Dorothy Walters
October 31, 2009

(picture from Hubble website)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?