Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

San Francisco, the Crystal Bed, Enlightenment 


Namaste!

I hope everyone had a joyous and fulfilling holiday.

I began the New Year in San Francisco, visiting with friends, going to museums and rediscovering the incredible cuisine of that city. All my time was delightful, but perhaps the highlight was my experience on the Crystal Bed. This took place in a recently established healing center there, one with lovely vibrations and lovely young people operating it. It was the sort of place you would be happy to come to just to sit quietly and meditate if nothing else.

The Crystal Bed is the creation of John of God, the famous healer who lives in Brazil. Many people make the long journey to visit him, and some experience magical healings, while others report no real changes. Since he charges nothing for his services, he obviously is not attempting to grow rich from his gifts.

The Crystal Bed, which at first existed only in his healing center, now is available in this country in various venues. The bed itself is a simple massage table with a series of clear crystals suspended over it, each located above a certain chakra. Lights of various colors shine through the crystals, each corresponding to the color of the chakra it illuminates.

My session was only 20 minutes, since I wanted merely to taste the experience and did not have time to stay longer.

When I lay down (with my eyes blindfolded to protect from the lights) I immediately saw (within) a clear image of a woman's face, someone I did not recognize. Who is this person? I wondered, since she resembled no one I knew. She was young--maybe 35 or so, with jet black hair drawn back from her slim oval face. I felt she was of some specific ethnicity, and thought she most suggested a native American. Then I slipped into a slightly different state of consciousness.

I did not feel anything similar to Kundalini energies. Rather, I felt deep relaxation coming over me, with tension and release occurring in the various chakras, from the root up. After what seemed to be a long time, the session was over.

Afterward, I shared my inner vision with Rubi and Archimedes, the delightful young operators of the center. Without saying anything, Archimedes stepped across the room and returned with a amall statuette of a winged Native American Angel, and I realized that this was indeed the face I had seen. He told me that she was often present in the center, and clearly she helped with the healing process offered there.

Then Rubi, who had sat nearby to "hold the field" during my session, said that she had also seen an inner image, this at the very end of my time on the table. As the session was closing, she saw a dervish whirling upward from my crown, spiraling toward heaven. I told her that I had recently made friends with several Sufis, and so the image seemed relevant.

Then, when I was riding a city bus a few days later, I saw a woman sitting across from me who looked identical to my inner vision. She even had her hair parted in the middle, like the woman in my mind. So it was as though I had met the "angel" in the flesh, now incarnated as an actual person.

As for Enlightenment, I did not become enlightened in San Francisco, though I did go to a moving exhibit of Thai and Burmese art at the Asian Art Museum. Again, I felt no special energies, but loved the sense of quiet emanating from the many Buddhas on display--the sculpture that most captivated me was one of Buddha's chief disciples, resting at his feet and gazing upward in loving adoration. He somehow reminded me of many Asian monks I have seen, small androgynous males quietly loving and gentle.

Then, this morning, I was perusing a website of a spiritual teacher who asserts that if only 5% of the population became enlightened, that would effect the sudden transformation of the entire world. He also stated that the age of gurus was past, and that we must all now share with one another as we advance together into the new stage of humanity. I think he is right. And he repeated the lesson we are hearing again and again from many quarters--we are all one, part of one creation, yoked in common purpose.

So--as the new year proceeds, let us all love and bless one another, and together create our own crystal field of enlightenment as we prepare for the change that is even now occurring worldwide. This is indeed why we came.

Glorious New Year to all!

Dorothy

(Image found at http://www.crystal-healing-beds.com)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?