Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Announcement (poem) 



Announcement

I am going to build this house
over again,
only this time
I am going to use
sturdier material.

None of these old
second hand bricks
already cracked and worn
from so much lamenting
over things that
happened so long ago,
like stones I keep carrying
in my pocket,
souvenirs of ancient grief.
.
No more of those
burned over planks
that I retrieved once
from someone
else's construction
of who I was,
a façade and empty rooms
that I thought was
me.

I'll raise this dwelling
well sited and firm,
then seal it together
with mortar and tears,
the mortar
of all that I bring with me
from everywhere
I have traveled
in this journey
to where I am,
the tears not for
what I have lost,
but for all that has
been given,
what I am about to find.

Dorothy Walters
February 10, 2010

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?