Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Poems Inspiring Poems 



Three poems on the Heart

Once I heard an inner voice say, "The purpose of poetry is to beget more poems." Recently I received proof of this notion. Here are three poems, the "original" and two more, each of which is inspired by the previous one(s). First, Laurel sent me her poem. Then, for some reason, I wrote a poem "in response" (more or less my version of the same idea.) I sent these to Peggy, who added her own poem as a conclusion.

Yes, poetry does beget more poems.


There comes a time,
when the heart comes out
of hiding,
that the bargaining
Stops

There really is
Nothing
To do

Resignation

There is
no option

The heart stretches
and yawns
from its slumber

It aches
from the years
of clenching

Still timid,
it darts about
like a woodland creature,
back into hiding
and out again.
Gaining courage
with each venture

Past pain
Generic
flows like blood
from a gaping wound,
as the heart awakens
with the flutter
of butterfly wings
(Laurel Griffin)


This is a poem
I have written before.
And will most likely
write again. . .

This poem is carved
on my heart,
the heart that occasionally
wakes up and stretches
and goes out to see
what the world has
to offer that day,
that sometimes shrinks
in fear,
and closes like the
proverbial clam
shutting its jaws
on the ocean floor.

This is the heart
that on some days,
says, "I am just
not ready,"
and on others exclaims,
"Yes, world, I am coming,
wait for me,
I'll be there soon."

(Dorothy Walters)

My heart comes
out of hiding
once a day
when sun shines
just so on
deer nibbling
green grass
shoots
peeking out
of wet ground

(Peggy Wrenn)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?