Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gifts (poem by Peggy Wrenn) 


Gifts
By Peggy Wrenn
March 25, 2010


You give me
a poem about
women squatting
in a circle
giving birth
to a wriggling
squalling
new world

I give you
my solution
to eye strain
shoulder pain
a new computer
changed your
life completely
you can see

you give poems
like harmonies
without singers
lullaby’s faintly
Oklahoman soft
voice of a woman
who knows
what she knows

you don't
shout it out
you just offer
like a wildflower
in springtime
to be noticed
or not either way
you give gladly

(This wonderful poem was written by Peggy Wrenn, one of the amazing women in my women's writing circle that I cherish so much. Her work has appeared before on this blog--she is herself a great giver of gifts. Would that the world had more like her!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?