Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

"The Lady" by Barbara Dash 




One of the most significant things that has happened to me after moving to Colorado is being invited to join a small women's writing circle. Barbara Dash, one of the members of this circle wrote the following piece--the content and the writing will give you a taste of the caliber of this group, truly a remarkable assemblage of women. I think that all of us, both male and female, have a guiding spirit within similar to what Barbara describes. When Kundalini awakens, we know her (the Divine Feminine) in her truest form.



The Lady
by Barbara Dash

At dawn, iridescent clouds of fine mist rose like a soft breath over the turquoise lake. The Lady watched as streams of crimson light covered the horizon and the hazy mountains behind her faded in layers of mauve and indigo until they became a pastel cloth of shimmering silk.

All was silent. A slight breeze fluttered ever so gently on the water’s glass surface; a ghostly silhouette of images began to move in unison with the gentle winds. Like a regal swan gliding upon the lake, The Lady swam, naked and uninhibited. Much was on her mind that morning, for great decisions had to be made. On the planet of human existence, the primary celestial threshold for women had become obstructed by false concepts. For millennia, she watched as mortal beings developed an arrogance concerning the laws of the universe, convincing themselves, out of fear, that they could defy heavenly rhythms. They could not see beyond literal death; could not cherish the natural maturation process of awareness that teaches the futility of believing in a separate-self. The demise of values rooted in individuality seemed to them as a death, not the essential step in transformation.

The Lady lifted herself out of the turquoise lake and in the warm air placed the translucent sacred veil over her body. In focused deliberation, she took a step up the moist green banks and reflected upon this dilemma. Not bound by physical measures, she perceived the spiritual superstructure of the cosmos and the necessary gateway required for the female species on earth.

Time before time, the responsibility was given to her to weave a powerful fabric of energies that would bind human womanhood to the divine plan. After great deliberation, The Lady established procreative instincts for the younger embodied females. She experimented boldly to endow them with unique modes of expression; open hearts combined with a wildness of spirit, a sense of invincibility and the joy to celebrate their form in all its beauty and vitality. As designed, this divine fabric had to transmute later in life so women would understand the depth of the Blood Mysteries, a force that opened one’s visionary abilities, heightened insight and illumination of human behavior. It would be a time to establish greater internal equilibrium in order to experience new complexities, to look inward for errors and omissions in one’s life, with increasing need for resolution. Only then could woman stand at the threshold of becoming a Priestess and shift her worldly focus to more universal concerns.

Recently, The Lady felt within her own body a particular distortion of energies that tied her to these human women... erratic cycles of extreme emotional confusion accompanied by physical hormone surges. She felt many females sensing a kind of madness, oscillating between divine creativity and ruthless destruction.

Now, walking upon the lush banks surrounding the lake, she recalled this peculiar sensation. Cognizant that these unusual feelings signified the need to focus upon the earthlings she headed to her temple. It was built on a verdant lawn of tender grasses speckled with dazzling scarlet and violet wildflowers. A simple yet elegant circle of white marble pillars, approximately ten feet tall and over two feet in width stood at its zenith. Each pillar resonated a barely discernable tone to the human ear; a rapturous melody of music that fed the land beyond its borders. The Lady stopped at the entrance, closed her large amber colored eyes and bent her head in prayer. The oscillating vibrations entered her soul to realign each cell and ignite her Vision. Enclosed within this ring, a finely crafted throne sat in the center, made of precious moon-silver, decorated with elegant carvings of stars embedded with sapphires and rubies. Layers of sheer white gauze draped over its shoulders in a sensuous pattern of swirls and folds. With each step, she began to prepare herself for the Journey.

******

It was 1978, in a small village near Tel Aviv named Hod Hasharon. Sheri sat on an old brown sofa in my apartment. She looked around the room in silence as I watched her, waiting till she felt comfortable enough to speak. It was always interesting to observe how long it took for someone to rest in my energy. After several minutes, she sighed deeply and her muscles softened, sinking into the fluffy velvet pillows. Her large blue eyes focused on mine; letting me know some level of trust was building between us.

Sheri was around forty-seven years old, originally from New Jersey. She had married an Israeli while in her early twenties and had three teenage children.

“I’ve started to enter menopause,” she told me. “It’s been several months of no periods and I can’t seem to think straight. There are too many times where I feel emotionally overloaded and want to cry from frustration. Living in a war zone doesn’t help.”

Words moved at a rapid pace, with Sheri telling me stories of her past. She had a difficult childhood and memories of that time seemed to invade her peace. I listened to her carefully, absorbing not just the tales but feeling the experiences in my own body. I had several clients entering menopause and it fascinated me. I felt that society had done very little to prepare women for this major change, therefore, they came to this time depleted, disenchanted and without any realistic information or guidance.

As the session continued, I had Sheri close her eyes and tell me what she felt in her body, sensation by sensation. Descriptions became more sensual, breathing slowed and soon we dropped into a world of vibration. It felt as if we were immersed in thought form and emotional energy, sinking into an eternal surround of exquisite resonance. As a young woman of twenty-seven, it was a profound privilege for me to enter such a sacred realm. I was humbled, in awe at the power of this transition, exposed to the sanctity of mature womanhood. I knew that it was a gift to be allowed to glimpse the universal rhythms of the divine. It felt as if I was ordained to assist these women in bringing forth their inner feelings, to guide them through unfinished aspects of their lives, to be healed, transformed and given strength and purpose, transmuting raw ore to gold.

When we entered this intense vibrational world, I often felt hesitant that I didn’t have the expertise to navigate through with precision, aware that we were between the conscious world and the unconscious one, uncertain that I would be able to surface. When that occurred, I would take a deep breath and allow my intuition to float. I always sensed a presence come to me, guiding me, telling me to trust myself. In some indescribable way, I knew I was held in a profound feminine embrace. I knew I wasn’t alone, wasn’t abandoned. Who she was remained a mystery, but I did feel Her. It was as though She spoke through me, to reassure women of this age that the illusions of human consciousness shrouded true purpose. I sensed Her concern that it was time for this veil to be rent. Evolution of consciousness depended upon it.

Years later, while navigating through my own journey in menopause, I began to recognize the The Lady. Her energy felt familiar, and her purpose became clearer as I explored my own inner spaces. When painful emotions arise, I close my eyes and search for her, comforted by the understanding that I am in the midst of being reborn, regaining the awareness of who I am beyond traditionally defined human roles. The awe that I held for such a transition while being a young woman has now changed into inspiration to forge ahead no matter how difficult the journey seems to be. The Lady has shown me that it is my birth rite to have wisdom gained by experience, to be of the earth with recognition of the Divine. I am honored to be made in Her image.

(Note from Dorothy: Those of you who may have been following my resent entries on Kundalini bliss experiences may wish to know that "She" (the Lady, the Goddess, the essence of Kundalini ecstasy) returned in full splendor this morning. And she even led me to something new. Usually I listen silently to the music or singing. Today I chanted the mantra along with the singer (Krisna Das) and was delighted to find that the resonance in my chest was itself a rapturous experience.)

(Image is from Wikipedia)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?