Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 22, 2010

When you ask 


I have been reading an engrossing book called "When Fear Falls Away," by Jan Frazier. This woman experienced a sudden "awakening" in 2003, when her fear, her dread, her anxiety simply dropped away, as if she had molted or shed a skin she no longer needed. Again and again, she wept tears of joy, sometimes mingling the wetness flowing from her eyes with the rain itself, as if the two were together the evidence of the ceaseless flow of the waters of creation.

She does not (at least in the portion I have read thus far) mention Kundalini but rather speaks of joy,happiness, delight in all that surrounds her. What brought about this sudden reversal in her life? She explains that for the first time she asked for help from "somewhere," not knowing who or what it was she was "praying" to. At that very moment,she felt a kind of"dancing"around her head, as if someone were whirling around her in circles, clapping hands, laughing.

This was, in Kathrine Anne Porter's words, the "moment that changes everything."

Fortunately, Jan was a teacher of creative writing, and thus was able to shape her experience into a beautifully written work of art. Her imagery is striking, and adds a special richness to her telling,the way hidden treasures (currents, nuts) yield delight to a fruit cake that is otherwise rather plain.

Recently, I have been having great trouble getting my blog to open in order to post, to recognize my sign in and password. I have tried to open it several times today, but all in vain. Just now I thought I would also try her technique,and asked for help. And--voila!--here I am.

Now I will see if I can add a photo--something I have not been able to do for some time.

And--believe it or not--I did! The picture is of the flowers that Patricia sent to me on my recent birthday. They have brought much joy into my life this past week.

So clearly, we all need to ask for help when it is needed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?