Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dancing with Buddha 





“At the still point of the turning world…
there the dance is…
Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.”
(T.S. Eliot)


This morning was special. After several days of "no practice," I stood in front of my Buddha thangka and waited (eyes closed), and immediately what flashed into my mind was an image of Buddha, and I was who he was. I sensed the tight curls around my head, the totally composed essence, the quiet contemplation of all that is. And then, I danced.

Now, when I say "dance,' I do not mean ordinary rhythmic movements around the room. I stood perfectly still (or almost) and moved my arms and hands slightly, gradually moving into a slightly more obvious positions and gestures. (Body mudras.) What I did was enough. I felt the light move through my body, knew the places that were ready to receive bliss, those in slight distress.

The Buddha within remained still and watching, as the dance took place. Buddha was thus the still point of the turning world, and the dance which occurred was the movement and activity of the stars and all the universe.

We are, of course, all Buddhas. Buddha in this sense is our Source and our Destination. We have come here to exemplify and express our "Buddha nature" to the fullest.

But--much of the time we forget our essential nature. We go about pursuing the mundane activities of the world, not providing time to remember our precious connection with what is most important of all. Some even squander their energies in actions that harm, rather than help, our world.

Do not forget your Buddha nature (which you of course may name any way your please.) It is there always waiting for you, for it is you. At times you will contact it and think, oh, yes, this is what I have been seeking for so long. When those times happen, enjoy them fully. They are the inexhaustible fountain of joy, when we become whole and know who we truly are.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?