Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 17, 2010

About Intention 


About Intention

There seems to be a great deal of discussion these days about "intention." Apparently, the idea is to set your intention for whatever it is you want and then it will come to you. One man decided he wanted a million dollars, so he pasted a copy of a million dollar bill over his bed so he would see it first thing each morning. He did get his million--in fact, he made many millions through a popular book he wrote, and bought himself a multimillion dollar house and fancy car(s).

Now, I have nothing against "asking the universe" for what you need, but I am mystified that so many seem to think the technique is to be used to gain excessive material wealth. Little is said about desiring to be closer to the divine or doing work that is true to one's soul purpose. In fact, it seems that for the most part "God" (the divine, source, reality, ultimate essence, whatever you wish to call it) is simply ignored.

I have indeed asked the universe for things I truly needed in the past. I once got a car this way--not a fancy expensive one, but a "pre-used" model that was quite inexpensive and was perfect for my needs. I also found an ideal apartment when I moved a year ago--indeed it was the first one I looked at--and I had in fact asked for "outside help" for this.

However, I am not sure we should focus on this technique to the exclusion of other interests and avenues. I feel our best "intention" is to be open to what the universe brings us--whether friends or activities or transcendent meditations or progress on our spiritual path. If we need a new (or any) job, indeed we should ask. If we are hungry, we should ask for food. If we are lonely,we should ask for friends.

But--asking to become a millionaire? Whatever happened to "lay not up treasures on earth"--an admonitions once most honored.

My daily prayer is "Give me the strength to do what I am supposed to be doing on this earth and the good sense to know what that is."

I also believe that those of us who have been blessed with Kundalini awakening have already received the greatest possible gift the planet offers, and thus our overall intention should be--surely--to deepen our own spiritual connection and to contribute in whatever way we can to the welfare of the world around us. I see many who do this in various ways--sometimes they drive old cars, wear the same clothes for years, live in modest houses. Some give through their art or other forms of service. Some dedicate their own spiritual practices to raising the overall planetary vibration. They are our models and our inspiration.

They bless and are blessed for they understand and practice true dedication.

Dorothy Walters
June 17, 2010

(Mandal is by Stacy Wills. See more of her work at:

www.stacywills.com
www.amagicmomandhermandalas.blogspot.com )




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?