Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Party to Remember 


Last night, I attended a party to remember. It was not the typical gathering of persons attempting to connect with "chitchat" about irrelevant topics, but quite the antithesis. Held at the home of Tami Simon, founder and publisher of the Sounds True company, it celebrated the twenty-fifth anniversary of that firm. Sounds True pioneered the recording and distribution of major spiritual teachers and musicians, and has since its beginnings grown into a major presence in the spiritual world, an institution recognized as at the forefront of the creation and distribution of both CD's and books on spiritual topics.

SoundsTrue is the publisher of "Kundalini Rising," the anthology of writings on Kundalini which has been called the essential Kundalini handbook for our time. I was delighted that such a book was published and honored to be a contributor (see sidebar.) Tami herself has experienced Kundalini and writes about this awakening in her introduction to "Kundalini Rising."

Tami Simon's life has been quite remarkable. When she was only twenty-two years old, she founded the company with money she had inherited from a relative. Her gamble with destiny paid off, and her company is one of the best and most productive around. Her story is told on the Soundstrue website at http://www.soundstrue.com

This party was unlike any other I have ever attended, for it included many well known luminaries in the field of spiritual development and expansion of consciousness, as well as others who were devoted employees or friends of SoundsTrue. Suddenly, people I had admired from a distance were real and palpable and lovely in every way. And it seemed that everyone, famous or not, was part of the same "tribe," the forward thinkers or "evolutes" of our time. One could approach virtually anyone present and feel quite at home discussing topics of mutual interest, for we were all working (each in our own way) for the expansion of awareness of humanity as a species.

For me, it began with a surprising synchronicity. I had arrived early, in the hopes of meeting Tami and perhaps speaking with her briefly. When I entered her home, she was no where to be found. There was an intriguing sign at the bottom of the stairs announcing that something called a "NexNeuro" was available above. My friend and I went up to investigate and learned that this was the name of a relaxation bed that combined vibrations with music. The presenter announced that I would be next in line to try out this device. Although I was fearful that by waiting to experience this novelty, I would miss my chance to meet Tami, I waited out of curiosity and politeness. After a few minutes, the door opened, and out walked Tami, with a bright glow on her face. Obviously, she had loved her session on the bed.

I talked briefly with Tami and then I had my session, followed by a long talk with the local distributor of the bed. He and I exchanged life stories as we sat next to one another downstairs, and he mentioned that he often sold books at various alternative health conferences and in fact might be interested in including copies of "Unmasking the Rose."

Later, in that same location (a circle including several well known musicians and writers), Jonathan Goldman (someone I have long admired for his work in sound healing) took a seat. I was especially delighted at this, since I have for years listened to his music, which is designed specifically to awaken the energy centers within. At one time, I listened to his CD's as my major meditation--"Trance Tara" in particular used to put me into deep ecstasy daily, so I was grateful to be able to tell him how much his music meant to me.

Then we all partook of a dinner consisting of catered Indian food. It was not hot and spicy as so often is the case, but just right, and in fact, it was the best Indian food I have ever eaten.

Later, we gathered outside for a short talk by Tami, who of course was in a state of glory as she told of her long relationship with her firm, which she described as her "consort," a lover who gives constant inspiration and encouragement.

The final speaker was Clarissa Pinkola Estes, the beloved and famous author of (among others) "Women Who Run with the Wolves." Clarissa and Tami have a long standing connection, and clearly are deeply devoted to one another. Among other things, Clarissa stated that we (about 200 people gathered together) were the prototypes for the future human. After she finished, she stepped down and then she offered a private blessing to Kabir, the musician/kirtan singer I so respect, as he stood before her. When she finished, I told her how pleased I was to meet her and how moved I was by her presentation. She then asked me what I did, and, after I explained that I was a poet/writer who offered help and encouragement to those undergoing Kundalini awakening, she asked me to bless her. Of course, I was quite surprised and deeply honored to bless a woman of such stature and standing, one who has given so much to the betterment of our world.

To meet and speak with so many distinguished persons I have so long admired was of course quite gratifying for me, almost like a dream. I am still in a bit of a daze from all this spiritual nectar.

(mandala from Stacy Wills at

www.stacywills.com
www.amagicmomandhermandalas.blogspot.com )


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?