Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Ceremony and a Crystal 


It took place high in the mountains. It was a ceremony held to celebrate the coming of a giant crystal to a new "earthkeeper," someone who will be its caretaker in the next phase of its existence. Said to be many thousands of years old, this crystal remained buried far below earth's surface until a few years ago, when it was discovered and excavated.

It was a giant--some two or more feet high, and perhaps a foot deep. It resembled a great ice crystal, with many inner reflections and images.

Some felt energies coming forth from its surfaces, and others did not. Some saw the face of a lion in its interior, and others did not.

To my surprise, I felt nothing in the way of energies, nor did I perceive a face within. I admired it and spent time beside it, but had no special feeling for it. The energy healer who sat beside me truly wished to help me "feel" its energies, but to no avail. She suggested various techniques and approaches, but nothing worked.

I finally decided that I have practiced so long in solitude, following the promptings of my inner guide, disdaining most outer instruction, that I simply cannot respond "on cue." I often feel the energies, yes, but mostly in the privacy of my own home during my personal practice. Being in the company of others, even hearing suggestions from teachers well versed in energy work, does not stir my own energetic response.

The ceremony itself was held outside, in one of the most beautiful mountain settings one might imagine, among great pines and boulders. During the "calling in of the 6 directions," I did indeed feel energies--sweet soft blissful energies, coming from her voice and the stirring of the vibrations of our small circle. Here, I felt safe. No one was noticing me or my reactions. I was "home" in my beloved mountains, in a way I have not experienced since coming here.

Each member of the circle (mostly healers, musicians, and lovers of the earth) reverently placed a stone around a tree stump in the center, taking time to speak a brief blessing on the land and the crystal that had arrived here as its new home. I felt as though these were in fact "my tribe," my spiritual sisters and brothers, gathered for this special occasion. I felt immensely blessed to be included in this splendid energetic field.

Later, we stood outside on the balcony and viewed the entire front range of the Rocky Mountains. What an amazing sight it was.

Then we enjoyed a potluck, listened to music from various players, and went down the mountain as dusk descended.

(image from pics digger on internet)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?