Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 13, 2010

My Beloved Caressed Me--Rumi 


Yesterday was the first day of Ramadan, and so it seemed appropriate to include this poem by Rumi, one of the world's greatest ecstatics, who expressed his devotion through the language of love. I attended a Sufi Zikr last night, and we felt that love enter the room and our hearts.

My beloved caressed me yesterday
and let me,
who has tasted nothing but sorrow,
taste his soul.

He gave wisdom to my mind
and put an earring my ear.
He gave light to my eyes
and brought sweetness to my taste.

He spoke to me:
"O one who's become wasted
because of me,
O one who is afraid of me,
know that I'm kind.
I would never sell a slave I've bought."

Look and see
how he does help,
the differences he makes.
Joseph remembers the ones
who cut off their hands for him.

He embraced me like his own soul.
My doubts and ill feelings left me.
He put his beautiful face on my shoulder.

- Jellaludin Rumi
(translation by Nevit O. Ergin & Will Johnson)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?