Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 23, 2010

More about visit to San Francisco 






(The above pictures were all taken in Golden Gate Park during my recent visit to San Francisco. I decided to included them as a little break from the more serious subjects I usually focus on in this blog.)

One of my favorite places in San Francisco is the Arboretum in Golden Gate Park. I always have a magical experience there, and my recent visit was no exception. The Arboretum contains many flowering plants as well as a variety of trees, including a "Redwood Grove," Various forms of wildlife also flourish there, including geese, squirrels, heron, crows, and other fowl.

I decided to travel there by bus, but unfortunately got off at the wrong stop. I walked a very long way to my destination, but somehow managed to conserve enough strength to spend an hour or so communing with the beautiful flowers and trees, some of which are always in bloom. Finally, I decided that it was time to leave, so I made my way (at a very slow pace) to the gate where I always exit. By now I was counting the distance to the next bus stop. But--much to my surprise--the gate was closed and locked. It seems that the Arboretum now closes an hour earlier than previously--a sign directed me to another exit some distance away. It was then that I noticed that everyone else had left, and I began to wonder whether I would be locked in for the night. But I finally made it to the other exit, and trudged the remaining few blocks to catch the bus back.

I was truly sore the next several days from (for me) so much exertion.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?