Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 25, 2011

Poem by Claire of Assisi 


after You!

by Clare of Assisi
(1193? - 1254) Timeline
English version by
Regis J. Armstrong, OFM CAP & Ignatius C. Brady, OFM

Original Language
Italian

Christian : Catholic
13th Century

Draw me after You!
We will run in the fragrance of Your perfumes,
O heavenly Spouse!
I will run and not tire,
until You bring me into the wine-cellar,
until Your left hand is under my head
and Your right hand will embrace me happily
and You will kiss me with the happiest kiss of Your mouth.

Claire's use of explicitly erotic imagery is reminiscent of the tradition of the Beloved Within, found in many middle-Eastern spiritual poems as well as those of the far East. The relation between the spirit and the holy presence is extremely intimate, and frequently manifests as a love relation. So does Kundalini when it arrives as intense (or subtle) bliss.

(image found on Wikipedia)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?