Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tantava, the Dance of Shiva on YouTube 


After I wrote the previous entry, I discovered that you can view the Dance of Shiva on Youtube at

youtube tandava 3 (note--from Daniel Odier)

This is a rare opportunity to see this ancient sacred dance performed by a well known scholar of Kashmiri Shaivism. I believe the dance is not intended for an audience, but rather to allow the practitioner to follow the bliss flows of the inner energies.

I was surprised when I discovered that the movements that I typically perform during meditation are a form of this dance. However, my version is somewhat different from Odier's. He begins (see Tandava 1 and 2) seated and then stands up later.

I begin standing, and perform to music (to increase the energy flows). Also, he stands with his feet much farther apart than I do. In addition, my movements are significantly slower than his.

To experience this, begin on a day when you are feeling energy flows within. Put on some favorite music, and allow your arms and hands to find their own gestures. Remember that you follow rather than trying to lead or impose the moves from without.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?