Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

More on Cruise 







Images (from bottom to top) are: Eagles in flight
More eagles in flight
Sunset from ship
Mendenhall Glacier
Eagles at rest


As we voyaged up the Alaskan coast, I realized how lonely and isolated it would have been--and still is, to my notion--to live in such uninhabited places. The early settlers did not (of course) even have T. V. or telephones to alleviate their isolation. They were indeed a hardy and independent bunch. Personally, I live in quiet isolation, but in the midst of a bustling metropolis where I can find company whenever I choose. I would not have made a good pioneer.

One more (political note): One store had a life sized paste board cut out of guess who (S. P.) on display. I thought it said something about the preferences of the locals.
(computer battery is failing--I'll write more tomorrow.






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?