Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 29, 2011

Yet Once More--Bliss returns 


Universal Blessings

May you each be bathed
in love,
may you be infused
with love,
may you know that love
is the only reality,
your nature
and eternal substance.

For many weeks, I have felt no special energies flowing, and had more or less assumed (once again) that the long process of internal adjustment had ended at last. I have reached such moments many times in the past, and each time a recurrence has occurred. But this time, I felt certain that this was it, no more bliss for me, I could content myself with reading about others' experiences or exploring new topics emerging all around.

But--I kept reminding myself--why would there be bliss states when I was not doing my practice, allowing time for transcendence to occur?

So this morning, I determined to go ahead and do my usual simple practice, without expectation other than that I might feel better for having done so.

I started with the easy stretches that are often done as preliminary for chi gong. The fact is that these simple moves are as far as I have gotten in most chi gong classes, but in and of themselves they can be very useful. Any book on chi gong will likely include instructions for such exercises.

Then (or perhaps even earlier, as I was standing before my thangka of Buddha) I saw an inner image of Buddha with my own face. At that moment, I was Buddha, Buddha was me. I realized that the end of all our journeys is to become a "Buddha," ultimate vessel of compassion and wisdom, one who serves the world without expectation of compensation. To identify with the symbol is not a mark of pride, but rather a confirmation that this state is what we all ultimately desire and will, with time, achieve.

I realized that I was feeling bliss now, located in my hands and forearms. I wondered if this energy could be used for healing others. I noted that the sensation was different than usual--stronger, as if from a younger, healthier being. It felt delightful and comforting.

Then I put on a favorite CD--(Lama Gyurme and Jean-Philippe Rykiel, "Roads of Blessings.") The bliss continued, until, about 20 minutes in, I began to sneeze (the room was cooling.) I got up to put on a blouse, and when I returned the bliss was no longer there. I was grateful for these precious minutes of union with the sacred unknown, and sent blessings to others, ending with the one printed above.

(image from mandalas.com--found on google)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?