Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 26, 2011

About Dousing 


I confess. I like many others have long been prejudiced toward the field of dowsing. It seemed too good to be true, more like superstition or magic than an act with real credibility.

But I changed my mind today when I heard a talk by Greg Storozuk at the local Society for Scientific Exploration. Greg was extremely convincing as a presenter. He had many interesting stories to tell, including his own early disbelief and ways he came to know the practice of dowsing as a very real and indeed significant art, more needed today than ever as water resources become more scarce.

The professional dowser uses four different tools (not just coat hangers, though these will work) for different kinds of dowsing,the latter including "map dowsing" and long distance dowsing. He himself has enjoyed great success, and he can often predict not only where a water well should be dug but at what level the water will come through and the volume of flow. He often is employed by oil companies to locate oil reserves, and has located many other things in this way, including corpses lying in nature.

Greg is convinced that intention and purity of motive are crucial in this practice. For that reason, he refuses to be "tested," for that would be a display of ego ("see what I can do"). In fact, often when self proclaimed dowsers try to display their powers, they produce zero results.
Greg feels that the information that comes through (like that that arises with pendulum use, and, I would add, likely muscle testing) comes from an unknown source, which he does not give an actual name to, but which many of us would call "spirit." So, it would seem that the dowser is merely a conduit for discoveries that arrive from--where? The same place as information from (I think) remote viewing, psychic phenomena of all kinds, and of course (again from my view) Kundalini itself. The dowser must get self out of the way and allow the process to occur--likewise we cannot make Kundalini happen, but must allow it to enter and proceed through its own process.

Greg feels that it is imperative for all of us to learn to locate water in this way. He is convinced that major catastrophe is coming, and we will each need to locate natural water sources in order to survive. He insists that anyone can do this, and related a tale of a very young girl who brought water to the surface using a spoon to dig. When Greg goes camping, he does not carry water with him, but finds what he needs through his dowsing techniques.

I learned a lot from Greg, including an explanation of why I could not feel the energies of a giant crystal that an "energy healer" was trying to get me to sense. She keep urging me and assuring me that I could do this, but, although I sometimes have felt sweet energies of crystals at home, I could not "perform" publicly in this way. It was an occasion of anxiety, not confidence. I was stopped short by self-consciousness and reluctance to enter in this way what I consider the sacred space of altered consciousness. For me, the capacity to feel the energy of external objects, including crystals, is highly dependent on the setting and allowing it to happen spontaneously. My inner Kundalini likes for this experience to be one of spontaneity, a blessing or unexpected boon.

Greg does not have a website, but if you want to read more about him, go to http://www.westword.com/2002-05-30/news/divining-intervention/

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?