Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Poem by Javad Nurbakhsh 



Come!

By Javad Nurbakhsh
(1926 - 2008)

I have collapsed at the start of your lane -- come!
I've lost the valley of 'I and You' -- come!

A lifetime I have consigned my head to the sanctum of
Your forecourt. O you the companion of those who are liberated from self, come!

I've let go all I had on the path of Union with You.
O the true existence behind each manifestation, come!

I've thrown existence to the winds in the way of love for You.
Come, devil-may-care lover, so hard to get to know!

I have lost knowledge of self in longing for You.
O cognizant One who has caused so much trouble, come!

I have taken leave of myself in desiring Your face.
The moment has come for You to reveal Your Face; so, come!

Nurbakhsh has become lost, in order to find You.
Enough of infidelity! Come in fidelity!

This beautiful poem of longing was written by a poet who lived in the last century and who died only a few years ago. Born in Iran, Nurbakhsh fled to England when the extremists came into power in Iran. He died there in 2008. His poem contains a traditional theme though he is a contemporary poet.

(Picture found on internet)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?