Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pictures from San Francisco 









During my holiday visit to San Francisco, I took several pictures which I am sharing here. My visit featured reunions with old friends, resampling the incredible Asian food of S. F., and visiting the museums and their ever interesting exhibits. The latter included Venetian masters of the Renaissance, a sculpted head of Medusa (before her transition to an ugly hag) by Bernini, and certain photographs at MOMA by someone whose parents once lived near earlier friends of mine. I also attended a fascinating performance in Berkeley called "A Soldier's Tale", with music by Stravinsky and a talented (but small) cast.

When in San Francisco, one wants to immerse oneself in the high culture as well as the exquisite cuisine of that area. However, it was bitterly cold and damp there and these conditions reminded me of why I left that city and fled to the brilliant, invigorating sun of Colorado.

The pictures: (top to bottom):

The scene that awaited me a few days after I got home.

An ancient Fiat parked as an advertisement in front of a restaurant named the Mona Lisa (in "North Beach") --appearing here twice by accident.

A dear friend in reverie.

An installation in Grace Cathedral dedicated to aids victims--it is made of hypodermic needles. When it revolves, the dark image of a man is visible within.

This is Maude Gonne (named for the beloved of W. B. Yeats), my hostess where I stayed.

This is Nora Barnacle (named for the wife of James Joyce), also my hostess where I stayed.

San Francisco at twilight, taken from the top of Coit Tower.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?