Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Under Water Poems--Dorothy 




The Under Water Poems

1.

The Frond

My job is to yield.
I like to sway,
letting the currents lift me
this way and that.

Even when the mood
is blustery,
when gales sweep
above,
I feel pleasure
in my fringed body,
my elements stroked
as if by an earthly
lover.

2.

What the Fish Said

I dart hither and thither
as I please.
No one tells me
when to move,
when to pause,
when to hurry
or slow.

I like this sense
of mastery,
of guiding my
own compass,
of being alone
in my search.

What I discover
is mine alone,
to feed hunger
or pass by.

I am the sum
of movement
and grace.
What I value
is freedom,
my right
to choose.

3.

What the Empty Shell Said

I once held a treasure
in my swirling arms,
a prize to adorn
my secret heart.

Now I am empty,
vacant as a skeleton’s eye,
useless as a necklace
that has lost its jewel.

Who will want me now?
Who will admire me,
remember my lost charms?

Dorothy Walters
January 17, 2012

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?