Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 06, 2012

Kundalini and NDE's 


It has been frequently noted that Kundalini and Near Death Experiences have much in common. Both totally transform the life, opening up new vistas on perspectives we never dreamed existed. Both confirm that Divine Love is the ultimate reality and reveal that we can enter states of consciousness marked by such joy and bliss that even death itself need not be feared. Each carries us into a new life, a life of affirmation and joy, and imbues us with a deep need to help others along the way.

Indeed, these two experiences have so much in common that organizations of either welcome those who come from the parallel group. NDE's welcome Kundalini folk to their meetings, and likewise with Kundalini organizations such as the Kundalini Research Networks. Each is a life transforming experience, and each offers rich rewards to the one who undergoes such profound awakening.

Today, I happened upon this website of Dr. Mary Neal, an orthopedic surgeon now living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Here is an excerpt from her book, "To Heaven and Back," in which she describes the experience that changed her from a merely 'left-brained" scientist to someone who now is a convinced believer in 'things unseen."


Dr. Mary Neal has led a life brimming with the gift and privilege of being touched by God in visible and very tangible ways. Despite being a scientific and skeptical orthopaedic surgeon, she believes that God is present in our world today, that miracles still occur, that there are angels all around us, that God keeps His promises, and that there is sufficient reason to live by faith.

She drowned on a South American river, and went to Heaven. She conversed with angels. She returned to Earth, in part, to tell her story to others and help them find their way back to God.

In this book, Dr. Neal shares the details of her life in which she has experienced not just one miracle, but many. Her story not only provides comfort and hope for the future, but gives a reason to stop doubting and live by faith.

Prologue
"We are not human beings
On a spiritual journey,
But spiritual beings
On a human journey."

-Stephen Covey

God and His angelic messengers are present and active in our world today and this involvement and intervention is both ordinary in its frequency and extraordinary in its occurrence. Despite leading what I would consider a very ordinary life, I have had the privilege of being touched by God in visible and very tangible ways. One of these experiences began on January 14, 1999, when I was vacationing in South America with my husband. While boating, I was pinned underwater in my kayak and drowned. I died and went to heaven. After a brief stay, I was returned to my body. I returned to my Earthly life with two shattered legs and severe pulmonary problems. I was hospitalized for more than a month, wheelchair bound for even longer, and did not return to my orthopaedic surgery practice for more than six months.

Many have described my accident as terrible and tragic. I describe it as one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. The series of events surrounding my accident and recovery were nothing short of miraculous. Not only did I have the privilege of experiencing heaven, but I continued to experience the intensity of God’s world and conversed with angels several times in the weeks after my return. Through this experience and conversation, I gained an understanding of many of life’s important questions, such as “What happens when we die?”, “Why are we here?”, and “Why do bad things happen to good people?”. I also gained an understanding of the disciple Paul’s statement from 1 Corinthians 13 that of faith, hope, and love, the most enduring is love. I already had reasons to believe in miracles, but taking a journey to heaven and back transformed my faith into knowledge and my hope into reality. My love remained unchanged and everlasting.

One of the several reasons for my return to Earth was to tell my story to others and help them find their way back to God. During my initial recovery, I was invited to share my story with small groups in my community and these people shared my story with their friends and family. As it was spread to many parts of the country, I was often told of the profound impact my story made on the lives of the people who heard it. In the process of sharing, I realized that my story does not really belong to me, but to God, and is meant to be shared. It has inspired many people, stimulated discussion, and has often resulted in a rejuvenated relationship with God. It has lessened people’s fear of death and increased their passion for living a full and meaningful life. My story has deepened people’s faith and given them hope for the future.

Noblesse Oblige: With Privilege Comes Responsibility

Truly, God does not give us a lamp so we can hide it under a basket or a bed. He gives each of us a lamp so we may give light to the world. Light always dissipates the emptiness of darkness. Ultimately, I felt that if the reading of my story could bring even one person closer to God, it would be worth the writing.Thus, I began to set down on paper an account of my observations and experiences. What I could not have known, and did not know as I worked to complete my manuscript, was that the sense of urgency compelling me to complete it was also God’s hand at work in my life. For the story did not end there . . .

Dr. Mary Neal has led a life brimming with the gift and privilege of being touched by God in visible and very tangible ways. Despite being a scientific and skeptical orthopaedic surgeon, she believes that God is present in our world today, that miracles still occur, that there are angels all around us, that God keeps His promises, and that there is sufficient reason to live by faith.

She drowned on a South American river, and went to Heaven. She conversed with angels. She returned to Earth, in part, to tell her story to others and help them find their way back to God.

In this book, Dr. Neal shares the details of her life in which she has experienced not just one miracle, but many. Her story not only provides comfort and hope for the future, but gives a reason to stop doubting and live by faith.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?